Qosina (“Qosina” or “We”) respects your privacy rights and recognizes the importance of protecting your personal information. This privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) tells you the data we collect, how that data is collected and used and why we use your personal data. It also describes options we provide for you to access, update or otherwise take control of your personal data that we process. This Privacy Notice applies to:
- Websites operated by Qosina (“Sites”):
- Catalogs (“Catalogs”) from:
- Our Newsletter
- Data that we collect from customers and potential customers and others who interact with Qosina, whether online, by phone, by mail, in person or by other means, in connection with inquiries, product orders, product fulfillment, shipping and delivery, customer service, invoicing, payment processing, sales visits, sales calls, and trade shows.
1. Personal information we collect:
We may collect personal information when you choose to interact with Qosina, such as by:
- Visiting one of our Sites;
- Creating an account;
- Placing an order for products via our Sites, by mail, over the phone or in person;
- Using one of our Catalogs
- Filling in contact forms on our Sites asking for your queries or suggestions;
- Interacting with our customer support team;
- Subscribing to our monthly Newsletter (whether through a Site or otherwise),
- Participating in contests or surveys;
- Applying for a job; or
- Otherwise participating in activities that might require information about you.
Personal information we collect may include:
- Company Name
- Shipping/Mailing Address
- Billing Address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
How we use your personal data:
We will only use the personal information we collect for the purposes for which you provided it to us or where we have another legal basis.
Communicating with you. We may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding products you have purchased from us, such as necessary transactional or service related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you’ll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You don’t need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
- Text (SMS) messages
- Telephone calls
- Automated phone calls or text messages.
Sharing with third parties. We may share your personal data with affiliated companies within the Qosina family and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as processing credit card payments, communicating with you, such as by way email or survey delivery, or customer relationship management.
i. We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
ii. We may also share your information with third parties for the purpose of facilitating/allowing a merger, acquisition or sale of all or substantially all of our assets, in which case the acquiring company may continue to utilize your data in the manner for which it was provided and intended.
We may place cookies on our Sites. Cookies are small files downloaded to your computer. Cookies help us to ensure the safety and smooth functionality of our Sites (security cookies and session cookies) and to collect information about web pages you are interested in, as well as the navigation you choose through our Sites, in order to make our Sites more attractive for you (tracking cookies and advertising cookies, discussed below).
You can disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent (If you'd like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org// (please note that we can't be responsible for the content of external websites). However, if you do disable cookies, you may not be able to use all functions of our Sites. Additionally you may have the option to deactivate only tracking cookies and advertising cookies. See below for more information.
i. Tracking cookies:
On our Sites, IP anonymization has been activated. The IP addresses of Google users will be shortened. Only in exceptional cases will a complete IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States and shortened there. On behalf of the website operator, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating the website for its users, in order to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage for website operators.
Furthermore, users can prevent the collection of data about their use of the website (including their IP address) generated by the cookie, and the processing of data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in through the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
ii. Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. We also use them to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of our digital advertising campaigns. They are placed by third party advertising networks on our behalf and with our permission. They remember that you have visited our Sites and this is shared with other organizations such as media owners. You may choose to opt out from receiving those ads by clicking the “AdChoices” icon on the ad you see. Most browsers automatically accept cookies but allow you to modify security settings so you can approve or reject cookies on a case-by-case basis.
3. Legal basis for using your personal information:
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so.
The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
a. Performance of a contract with you: where you have ordered or requested products or services from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order and delivery the products or services to you.
b. Consent: for example, where you have provided information to us voluntarily in order to complete a survey or access secured content. You can withdraw your consent at any time, however, the means by which you may do so may vary from country to country.
c. Our legitimate business interests: where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, enhance and promote our goods, products and services and operate effectively as an international distributer of various products. Our legitimate business interests may include creating and publicizing new products and services, and offering our customers a better experience. For example, we may perform analytics on this legal basis as necessary to provide you with a tailored experience and so that we can improve, maintain and manage our products and services in a way that meets your expectations as a customer.
d. Compliance with law: where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
4. Disclosure of your personal information:
Your personal information processed through our Sites will not be transferred without your prior explicit consent, to other individuals or businesses, for their own use, other than Qosina Some vendors or other entities with whom we have a business relationship to provide products or services, including Qosina divisions, will have access to and process your personal information, but only on behalf of Qosina and only to supply services to Qosina related to the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
Your information may be transferred by and between Qosina divisions for the legitimate purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
5. How we secure, store and retain your data.
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the products you have purchased and related services you have requested, and for additional periods where there are legitimate legal or business purposes, e.g.:
- When mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- For preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- When needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
6. Children’s Privacy:
We do not knowingly collect information from children as defined by local law, and do not target our Sites to children.
Our products are intended for purchase only by those over the age of 18. Our products are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
7. Third-Party Websites.
Our website and our mobile applications contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third-party sites. Please read the Privacy Notice of any website you visit.
8. Your Data Protection Rights.
Subject to applicable data protection law, you may have the following rights:
- Right to access: You may have the right to request access to your personal data, to obtain from Qosina confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data.
- Right to rectification: You may have the right to request that Qosina change or correct inaccurate personal data concerning you.
- Right to erasure: You may have the right to request that Qosina the deletion of your personal data, if the data is not necessary for the purpose it was collected for, if the personal data is being processed unlawfully, if the personal data have to be erased to comply with a legal obligation, or if you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal ground for the processing. If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any products or services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
- Right to restriction of processing: You may have the right to restrict Qosina’s processing of your personal data, (i) if the accuracy of the data is contested by you, for a period enabling Qosina to verify the accuracy of personal data, or (ii) if the processing is unlawful and you contest erasure and demand restriction of the use of the data instead.
- Right to data portability: You may have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to Qosina, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit that data to another data controller without interference from Qosina
- Right to object: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object to processing of your personal data, unless Qosina demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Under California law, if you are a resident of California, you may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information regarding our disclosure (if any) of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year.
- To seek to exercise the above rights, please contact us through one of the communication channels mentioned below.
- Right to lodge a complaint:You have the right to lodge a complaint with a responsible supervisory authority.
9. Your Preferences.
You may review and update your preferences with respect to receiving communications from us and/or our partners by signing into your account and visiting the “Account Settings” page. If you are unable for any reason to access your Account Settings, you may also contact us by one of the methods described in the “Contact Us” section below.
10. Data Protection Authority.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe we maintain your personal data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to your local supervisory authority.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. The latest amended version of this Privacy Notice will then be published on this page and can be accessed through any of our Sites or through links published in our Catalogues and Newsletters.
12. Contact us.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our Privacy Notice or our privacy-related practices, you may contact us:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: 2002-Q Orville Drive North, Ronkonkoma, NY 11767
By Phone: +1 (631) 242-3000
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.
Revised: August 16, 2019